Recently, more and more smartphone manufacturers operating on the principle of “the bigger, the better.” This trend has led to the fact that our devices take up more space in pocket or bag, and to work with them it is necessary to use both hands. However, no one will deny the benefits of phablet. The large display is ideal for playing games and watching videos, and with them comfortable for people with poor eyesight or long fingers.
Those who are looking for a new phablet and does not want to sell a kidney for Google Pixel XL or iPhone 7 Plus is, very lucky, because now on the market there are many cheaper alternatives. Smartphone Search with wide screen and good quality is not so easy task, so to help you out, we’ve compiled a list of major middling. All models for less than $ 470 and have a screen diagonal of at least 5.5 inches.
Alcatel Idol 4S ($ 470)
Alcatel Idol 4S – a beautiful mid-range smartphone. Although it is one of the most expensive options considered here, it is equipped with a beautiful 5.5 “display with a Quad-HD resolution, the remarkable 652 Snapdragon processor and 3 GB of RAM. The smartphone is set to 3000 mAh battery that provides up to 7 hours of user testing work included the screen.
As for the camera, the 16 megapixel main camera is enough, besides it is able to record video with a resolution of 4K and 8 MP front camera comes with its own LED flash. Other features include a fingerprint scanner and Boom key (soft key to call a number of software features). On top of all Alcatel added in the box headset virtual reality (VR) and JBL headphones.
- pixel density of the display is 534 pixels per inch;
- light and thin smartphone;
- good midrange processor;
- good battery life and fast charging;
- The package includes a VR-headset and JBL headphones.
- one of the most expensive smartphones among the selected options;
- Fingerprint sensor is often messy;
- Boom keys too in many applications.
Samsung Galaxy A9 2016 ($ 405)
Galaxy A9 huge, but elegant smartphone. In general, it has no glaring weaknesses, which makes it a good choice for its current price. From the remaining A9 models differ a huge 6-inch Super AMOLED display and a battery 4000 mAh. In tests, the battery Battery life was a little more than 10 hours. One negative note though: the smartphone older version of Android 5.1 operating system, but Samsung has already released a firmware-based Marshmallow.
- large display;
- light and thin smartphone;
- good midrange processor;
- capacity battery.
- screen color reproduction could be more natural;
- TouchWiz interface lacks fluidity;
- sold with Android 5.1, rather than version 6.
Asus Zenfone Zoom ($ 225)
Those who are in search of affordable smartphone with a large screen of 5.5 inches and a good recording quality, definitely not disappoint Zenfone Zoom from Asus. Some might crooked nose that it’s an old model 2015, and in the apparatus, the main element of which is the camera, no video recording in 4K format, but Zenfone Zoom has a number of advantages worth buying. For $ 230 smartphone offers a handy 3x optical zoom that allows you to bring objects and not to degrade the picture detail.
- 3x optical zoom brings objects;
- a wide range of shooting modes and camera control;
- 4 GB of RAM;
- one of our most cheapest options.
- no video recording function 4K UHD format;
- video stabilization only works at 720p mode;
- no continuous autofocus;
- the screen does not look very much;
- average battery life.
Sony Xperia XA Ultra ($ 325)
If you are thinking of buying a 6-inch monster, make sure you look at the Sony Xperia XA Ultra. Compared with Galaxy A9, at the Sony models considered rather weak battery and the screen with a color temperature is too cold. However, the display is brighter than the Samsung, and a set of cameras Xperia XA Ultra A9 superior in quality shooting. An additional advantage of a small smartphone become its lower price.
- a large, bright display with a super thin bezel on the sides;
- a great camera on the back;
- cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy A9;
- It supports network LTE.
- no video recording function in 4K UHD format;
- battery life is less than that of the Samsung Galaxy A9;
- too cold with an average display color fidelity;
- fancy camera for selfie, but contradictory.
Honor 6X ($ 225)
Honor 6X is incredible. The smartphone is relatively inexpensive, but it does not look cheap. It is beautiful in many plans, large 5.5-inch display with bright and pleasant colors, perfectly lies in the hands of the productive and with excellent battery life (as good as that of Galaxy A9). The phone dual camera, but it does not work like on the iPhone 7 Plus. But poor call quality camera is also impossible, because it is capable of many things at moderate queries.
The only thing that worries us is the fact that the Honor 6X enough new smartphone and should be supplied with EMUI 5.0 based Nougat, and for him is only available for OS EMUI 4.1. It is expected that the new firmware appears in the second half of 2017.
- great features for the price;
- dual camera is useless, but still a nice bonus;
- excellent performance;
- excellent battery life;
- fast and accurate fingerprint sensor.
Among the disadvantages of smartphone is EMUI 4.1., Is not quite rugged and poor protective glass.
Moto Z Droid ($ 470)
We have already touched the territory of the flagships, as prices for Moto Z Droid range from $ 470 to $ 650. However, the machine is really impressive. It has a 5.5-inch AMOLED screen with Quad-HD resolution. Its pixel density is 535 dpi. Inside Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chip and 4 GB of RAM to ensure fast and smooth operation of the system. On the back is 13 megapixel camera, capable of taking beautiful pictures.
Z Droid – modular smartphone, and a variety of Moto Mods (if you can afford them) will help you stand out from the rest. Another remarkable feature of the smartphone – its extremely small thickness, however, due to this construction, the manufacturer had to install a smaller battery and remove the 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- display with high resolution and pixel density;
- outstanding performance;
- incredibly thin and light;
- today it is the most successful modular smartphone;
- small dimensions (153.3 x 75.3 x 5.19 mm);
- camera focuses quickly and make the photo at the right moment;
- Fingerprint’s scanner;
- supported by fast charging.
- the most expensive smartphone in our list;
- modular components Moto Mods also expensive;
- small battery because of the thin body;
- No audio connector.
Moto G4 ($ 200) and Moto G4 Plus ($ 230)
And finally stayed Moto G4. This is the budget option in our list. The simplest version of the smartphone is now on sale for $ 200 and a version with 32 GB of non-volatile memory or a model Moto G4 Plus 16 GB will cost about $ 30 more expensive. Despite the low cost, the G4 equipped with a large 5.5-inch screen, it is nimble processor and enough RAM to a relatively smooth running applications.
- the cheapest model;
- the battery capacity is sufficient for use of the device at full speed all day;
- quality, there are updates for the base model.
- Snapdragon 617 performance may decrease under high load;
- camera without any intricacies.
Tags: Affordable SmartphonesAlcatel IDOL 4sAsus Zenfone Zoombest smartphones 2017Honor 6XMoto G4Moto G4 PlusMoto Z DroidSamsung Galaxy A9 2016Smartphones with Big ScreenSony Xperia XA Ultratop